The Elborne Sofa is inspired by an antique upholstered regency settee and named after our inspired collaborator Sophie Elborne. The sofa's scaled-up Regency proportions produce a contemporary design for modern comfort achieved with a solid sustainable beech frame, a base of hand-lashed springs, loose cushioned back, and down feather seats. At Ensemblier, our concept is to blend contemporary design with traditional upholstery practices to produce cherished pieces lasting for more than a lifetime and an heirloom for generations to come.
from Regular price 28,250.00GBP
Hand-sprung seat and inside back with independent back and seat cushions using the following natural materials:
- FSC beech dowel-jointed frame
- Turned mortise & tenoned hard wood legs
- Solid un-lacquered British-cast polished or antique brass collars as standard
- A-grade South American horse & cattle tail
- GOTS organic cotton bump
- Organic British needled wool
- Linen webbing and twine
- Linen twine
- Organic calico
- Steel springs lashed in with linen twine in back and seat
- Single, two or three back and seat cushions with responsibly-sourced RDS 70% down & 30% feather
- RDS 100% pure down cushions
- Firm cushion : RDS 70% down and 30% feather wrapped with lambswool core
- Scatter and bolster cushions
C.O.M: 21m / 19.5 yards (based on plain fabric)
Bullion fringe: 7.6m / 7 yards
Additional extras of studs, tacks, fabric pipe or cut fringe please contact us for quantities and quote.
Design and finishing advice available.
Legs are tenoned to the frame in turned polished mahogany, walnut or oak as standard.
Collars are solid un-lacquered brass, bronze or nickel hand-cast in Britain as standard.
- Wood finishes in liming, pickling, hand-painted or ebonised
- Solid un-lacquered collars in bronze or nickel, hand-cast in Britain
Length: 2300 mm / 90.5 inches
Depth: 1000 mm / 39.4 inches
Height: 800 mm / 31.5 inches
Seat height: 465 mm / 18.3 inches
or custom sizes available, please contact us for a quote
*scatter cushions or bolster cushions additional
Our lead-time is 14-16 weeks. This begins upon clear receipt of deposit and sign-off of production drawings. Please note 10 weeks must be allowed upon receipt of C.O.M.
We always happy to make variations in size of all our sofas and other pieces, however, these will incur additional costs and lead-times to aid in the additional drawings and templates required.
Courier charges can be quoted upon confirmation of the delivery address. International shipping available.
We pride ourselves on our unique collection of designs by a talented team studying archives, books and museum collections for inspiration.
The Ensemblier collection of designs acts as templates to work with customers to create unique pieces made using natural materials and the highest level of British craftsmanship to last for generations. We, therefore, take our intellectual property (IP) incredibly seriously and will actively pursue any infringements on this.