The Anselm has echoes of a traditionally upholstered 19th century sofa. The superb comfort of this sofa is ensured through the springs in the seat and fixed back cushions filled with our ultimate blend of feathers and hand-stitched to the solid beech frame. Ensemblier sofas use traditional upholstery and sustainable methods with layers of natural fillings such as horsehair, hessian and GOTS cotton lining. Our sofas are ready for customers to apply their chosen fabric, allowing for each piece to be custom-made. Ensemblier handcraft furniture in the UK to last you a lifetime and beyond.
Anselm featured fabric in Soane Old Flax in Indigo.
Our June 2022 price increase reflects the dramatic increase of sustainable raw materials.
from Regular price 26,115.00GBP
Hand-sprung seat, back and arms with fixed cushion pallets using the following natural materials:
- FSC beech dowel-jointed frame
- Tapered legs in choice of hard woods
- Solid un-lacquered British-cast polished or antique brass castors as standard
- A-grade South American horse & cattle tail
- GOTS organic cotton bump
- Organic British needled wool
- Linen scrim
- Linen webbing and twine
- Organic calico
- Steel springs
- Seat & fixed back cushions with responsibly-sourced RDS 70% down 30% feather
Additional seat extras:
- RDS 100% pure down cushions
- Firm cushion : RDS 70% down and 30% feather wrapped with lambswool core
- Scatter and bolster cushions
C.O.M: 15m / 16.5 yards (based on plain fabric)
Additional extras of studs, tacks, fabric pipe or cut fringe please contact us for quantities and quote.
Design and finishing advice available.
Legs are tenoned to the frame in tapered polished mahogany, walnut or oak as standard.
Castors and collars are solid un-lacquered brass, bronze or nickel hand-cast in Britain as standard.
- Wood finishes in liming, pickling, hand-painted, ebonised or fabric covered
- Solid un-lacquered collars and castors in bronze or nickel, hand-cast in Britain
- Leather covered or porcelain castors, ideal for wooden floors
Length: 1950 mm / 76.8 inches
Depth: 1020 mm / 40.2 inches
Height: 820 mm / 32.3 inches
Seat height: 430 mm / 16.9 inches
or custom sizes available, please contact us for a quote
*scatter cushions or bolster cushions additional
Our lead-time is 14-16 weeks, upon cleared receipt of deposit funds and sign-off of production drawings. Please note 10 weeks must be allowed upon receipt of C.O.M.
We always happy to make variations in size of all our sofas and other pieces, however, these will incur additional costs and lead-times to aid in the additional drawings and templates required.
Courier charges can be quoted upon confirmation of the delivery address. International shipping available.
We pride ourselves on our unique collection of designs, inspiration taken from years of scouring archives, books, directories and acquiring old pieces. Our collection is a basis and template point to work with our customers on unique pieces, that our investments pieces. We therefore, take our intellectual property incredibly seriously and will actively pursue any infringements of this.