Castleborough Sofa Bed
The Castleborough sofa bed is based upon our Agnew sofa developed to accommodate a comfortable mattress made of pure lambswool. To ensure ultimate comfort, the back cushions are hand-stitched to the beech frame with a pure feather blend inclusive of 70% down feather. Like our range of custom made sofas, we offer a wide choice of legs and castors.
Seen here in a Fortuny Bacon Velvet in Crema with mahogany legs & brass castors.
from Regular price 22,685.00GBP
Sofa with skate-stuffed inside back with loose cushions incorporating a pull-out sofa bed frame with lambswool mattress using the following natural materials:
- FSC beech dowel-jointed frame
- Tapered legs in choice of hard woods
- Solid un-lacquered British-cast polished or antique brass collars as standard
- A-grade South American horse & cattle tail
- GOTS organic cotton bump
- Organic British needled wool
- Linen scrim
- Linen webbing and twine
- Organic calico
- Pair loose cushions in seat and back with responsibly-sourced RDS 70% down & 30% feather
- Sofa bed mechanism for mattress
- Organic handmade British lambswool mattress
- RDS 100% pure down
- Firm cushion : RDS 70% down and 30% feather wrapped with lambswool core
- Scatter and bolster
C.O.M: 10.5m / 11.5 yards (based on plain fabric)
Contrast pipe in fabric: 2.5m / 3 yards
Bullion fringe: 6.5m / 7.5 yards
Additional extras of studs, tacks or cut fringe please contact us for quantities and quote.
Design and finishing advice available.
Legs are tenoned to the frame in tapered polished mahogany, walnut or oak as standard.
Collars are solid un-lacquered brass, bronze or nickel hand-cast in Britain as standard.
- Wood finishes in liming, pickling, hand-painted, ebonised or fabric covered
- Solid un-lacquered collars in bronze or nickel, hand-cast in Britain
Length: 1710 mm / 67.2 inches
Depth: 965 mm / 38 inches
Height: 830mm / 32.7 inches
Seat height: 490 mm / 19.2 inches
or custom sizes available, please contact us for a quote
*scatter cushions or bolster cushions additional
Our lead-time is 14-16 weeks. This begins upon clear receipt of deposit and sign-off of production drawings. Please note 10 weeks must be allowed upon receipt of C.O.M.
We always happy to make variations in size of all our sofas and other pieces, however, these will incur additional costs and lead-times to aid in the additional drawings and templates required.
Courier charges can be quoted upon confirmation of the delivery address. International shipping available.
We pride ourselves on our unique collection of designs by a talented team studying archives, books and museum collections for inspiration. The Ensemblier collection of designs acts as templates to work with customers to create unique pieces made using natural materials and the highest level of British craftsmanship to last for generations. We, therefore, take our intellectual property (IP) incredibly seriously and will actively pursue any infringements on this.